How to manually set parameters of a module?

I am asking a probably stupid question about the Module API, though I am unable to figure that out for two days.
I want to manually change the parameters of a network during training and don’t know how to do this. Specifically, I am writing a method to perform spectral normalization, which divides all weights in a network by some value.
I have found in documents that the parameters of a module are stored in “self._exec_group.param_arrays” and “self._kvstore”, and I need to change both of them. But I don’t know how to replace the values in a “kvstore” object, whose updater has been set as an optimizer. Does anyone have idea about the problem? Is there any alternative way for achieving my purpose?

(I am using Module API because I am adapting a program from github, which uses Module API, and I am reluctant to rewrite it using Gluon or other deep learning frameworks.)

Hi

Could you not use mod.setParams() https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/api/python/module/module.html#mxnet.module.BaseModule.set_params.

You can use mod.getParams() to get the parameters, perform your normalization then set them back using mod.setParams

Sorry, it doesn’t work. The parameters are resumed as soon as I call mod.update(). It seems that the parameters stored in kvstore are not changed.