Cannot install mxnet-cu101==1.4.0

Hello!

I have followed everything without problems up to the point where I have to update the environment description in environment.yml for mx-net with cuda support. My previous description was mxnet==1.4.0 which I changed to mxnet-cu101==1.4.0 as my cuda version is 10.1.
However, when I run:
conda env update -f environment.yml
I get the following error:
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement mxnet-cu101 (from -r /home/nenko/miniconda3/d2l-en/condaenv.alwxqubp.requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for mxnet-cu101 (from -r /home/nenko/miniconda3/d2l-en/condaenv.alwxqubp.requirements.txt (line 1))

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Currently mxnet is only available for upto cuda version 10.0
Try replacing cuda 10.1 with 10.0

1 Like

So should I uninstall cuda 10.1 and install cuda 10.0 before I try with mxnet-cu100==1.4.0 or I should directly try installing mxnet-cu100==1.4.0

I’m not sure which way would work, but I’d suggest to uninstall cuda 10.1 before installing cuda 10.0

1 Like

Thanks! What is the best way to uninstall it so that there is no confusion after that? I am a bit of a beginner in linux.

Sorry I can’t say anything because I’ve never done that before. Here’s an official link from Nvidia regarding uninstalling cuda:
http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-installation-guide-microsoft-windows/index.html#uninstall-cuda-software

1 Like

hi ,There is 1.4.1 version or 1.5 version ,I also got this problem.

1.4 is the stable version, while 1.5 is the master version. So I’d recommend you to do pip install mxnet-cu100 and you’ll get stable mxnet version 1.4 with cuda 10.0

@ mouryarishik
I have been trying to install mxnet-cu100, also using the hints above, but to no avail.
It always gives:
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement mxnet-cu100 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for mxnet-cu100

I have CUDA 10.0 installed:

(python36) C:\Users\Witek>nvcc --version
nvcc: NVIDIA ® Cuda compiler driver
Copyright © 2005-2018 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Sat_Aug_25_21:08:04_Central_Daylight_Time_2018
Cuda compilation tools, release 10.0, V10.0.130

I am running Windows 10.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

hey Witek, did you get your answer? if so then can you help me as I am getting the same issue?

I did get it to run, but how - I do not remember. It was a long time ago. Sorry.