C++ api header files are not generated to one directory?

I compiled the c++ api from the source code pulled from github. Then I tried to run the example here in https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/tutorials/c++/basics.html. But I received the the compiler complainment

fatal error: mxnet-cpp/MxNetCpp.h: No such file or directory
 #include<mxnet-cpp/MxNetCpp.h>

So I searched the whole repository and found the headers in /cpp-package/include/mxnet-cpp. Then I tried to compile again and got the response:

fatal error: nnvm/c_api.h: No such file or directory
 #include "nnvm/c_api.h"

So I had to search the whole repository once more and found the associated headers are in the directory /nnvm/include/nnvm.

I repeated the process for many times and finally got all the header files to made it run. I wonder if it is the compiling process did not generate the c++ api header files to one single directories such that I could copy them to my /usr/lib with only one effort, or it is because the c++ api is designed only for the mxnet developer and we mx-fans are only recommended to its python api?

Thanks for the feedback and apologize for the difficulties. We will investigate to make the setup simpler. Please feel free to contribute to improvements.

Hello @CoinCheung,
We apologize for the inconvenience. As mentioned by @srochel, we are working on simplifying the setup and build process.
You may want to refer to this link - Especially step #5 and & #7 where we set environment variables to point to appropriate header locations.

We want to make it more streamlined and are working on this with due urgency. if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate.

1 Like

Thank you for answering. I am working on linux, and I met the c++ api header file location problem when I tried to use the library I built myself. Could you please publish some tutorial that goes through the process from compiling towards running the first ‘hello world’ example on the platform of linux?

Thank you so much for this post. Can you please post a step by step guide to install mxnet for c++ in Ubuntu.